Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I miss exercising!!

I'm just about healed from 2 herniations and a disc bulge. I also have spondyloesthsis (L4/5). I was doing LOTS of exercise before herniations (step aerobics, weights), Now I can't even ride stationary bike without flareup of hip bursitis. Even walking causes irritation of IT band! Any suggestions for exercise, besides swimming??

• WTWWT Posts: 46
    edited 05/02/2014 - 4:15 AM
    how long did it take you to fully recovery?and what bulged disc you had?
    you used to rest or walk more..Glad you've recovered.
  • Took me a good three months. But my primary doc misdiagnosed me at first so there was a few weeks wasted. I rested and did just the stretching and exercises learned in PT.

Herniated L2/3, L4,5. Disk bulge at 3/4 and the disc space between 3/4 is so narrow the doc thinks the vertebrae will fuse on it's own! Right now I have a little back discomfort; I take a advil during the day and 800mg. ibuprofen at night.
  • and did u have pain running through your leg reaching your foot?...excuse my questions. but i'm a vivid example. here.
  • Being able to clean my whole house w/o having to stop during & after each task to rest--maybe not as intense as a full blown work out, but it was my form of it...I hate this struggle evvvvvvery sinnnnnngle daaaaay!!!!
  • Yes I did! It was truly awful at first. Stayed on the couch for a good 4-5 days; my daughters got buckets of water for me so I could take sponge baths. Because it was two nerves being compressed, it felt like my leg was on fire. Went from top of leg all the way down to foot, in front. Not in the back.