Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am scheduled to have my surgery on this coming Wednesday and to be honest a bit frightened. I am having 4-5 and 5-6 done. For almost 2 years now I have been in extreme chronic pain-including both arms going numb but at the same time having just terrible nerve pain-haven't slept well because every time I lay down within about 10 minutes I am back up again in severe pain in my arms. Also I have spondylethesis-and stenosis. Spondylthelesis is where the discs consistently slide ove the top of one another-sounds like my neck is breaking-and it is very loud-its awful and I try not to twist my neck but I do it to relieve the pressure that is built up. and when I do it makes a horrible sound-You would think my neck is literally breaking. I have scared a few people-But the relief only lasts for a moment-it seems like I get into a ritual with it all the time-I will sit sometimes and do it for hours-because my neck hurts so dam bad-I cant stand it-is or has anyone else experienced what I am going through??? And will this surgery help me for Gods sake I hope so-I just cannot take it anymore-I will be 59 in May-And I feel more like 90. Is there anyone out there that has had the problems I mentioned here? Especially with the bones popping and cracking so bad??? It scares me.