Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Best sleep position or tips for better sleep after microdisectomy ??? Does rain make us worse???

Nicole_joleneNNicole_jolene Posts: 2
edited 05/19/2014 - 6:59 PM in Recovering from Surgery
Hey all... Had my microdectomy 6 weeks ago. I wake up several times a night in pretty bad pain. I've tried sleeping on my back and side with a pillow btw my legs. Nothing seems to help. What positions have you all tried and what was able to offer relief? In PT, it was suggested that I sleep on my affected side with that leg straight and the top leg bent. That feels comfortable for about 10 secs, and then I gotta move. Any other tips for getting some decent sleep are welcome too! Thanks everyone and I hope we all feel relief soon.

One other ?... Does rain seem to make our condition worse?!? Has anyone else felt this was the case?
L5/S1 herniation 3 years ago. I tried physical therapy, 2 chiropractors, acupuncture, and cortisone shots before my microdisectomy on March 27, 2014. I have a 7 month old so I hope recovery will happen so I can keep up with her.