Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scared and I need some help. Please!

OK this is really hard for me to talk about. I found this forum and I hope that someone can help me. My name is Maria and I and I am 24 years old. I have an L1 spinal compression fracture for a car accident when i was 18 years old 8 months after I had given birth to my daughter (who is now 5 years old).
I have an amazing boyfriend of 3 going on 4 years and he is the perfect one for me. I feel like I am not fulfilling my part as a girlfriend because I am keeping a secret from him. About a year ago I started loosing feeling or well the good feeling during sex. And I know it's nothing he's doing. Our sex life is amazing. It's more so the injury. Not to be graphic or anything but some positions are great and some don't do anything; where usually it would be amazing.
I feel like im loosing interest in sex completely because I cant be satisfied. I'm loosing feeling in my lower pelvic area. Sometimes I loose feeling down one of my legs, sometimes the other leg. There's no reason why I should be loosing feeling says the doctors. There's no reason why I should have pain says the doctors but what I'm experiencing is different it's a change in my life yet apparently there's nothing. This is really embarrassing for me to talk about but I need to ask someone if this is bad or not. I'm tired of going to all these doctors and never getting anywhere. I feel as tho something is pressing on my lower back. The muscles in my lower back are constantly tight from the middle of my back allllllll the way to my tail bone. I have numbing from the middle all the way to my tailbone most of the time. Every doctor has said everything's fine except the break there. Can someone please tell me if there is anything i can do or if there's anything he can do. I'm going to tell him tonight about it and I know he's going to be supportive. I just needed advice from people who don't know me and who know what I'm talking about. If there is anyone..
Thank you

• It is not normal for you to be loosing sexual feeling that way. When is the last time that you had your spine condition evaluated? Are you having other symptoms such as buttock numbness, or increased pain? Inner thighs? Genital area, we already know is a yes.
    I would strongly, very strongly encourage you to make an appointment with a board certified spine surgeon, quickly......I don't want to scare you but it could be a condition called Cauda Equina Syndrome and if it is, it is considered a spine emergency, since it means that there is compression of the spinal nerves in the spinal canal.....and it can result in damage that may become permanent if it is left untreated.
    The sooner you can see a surgeon to be evaluated and be sure of what exactly is going on , the better the outcome for you.
    Take it from someone who has and is living with CES.......

• Hi Maria. I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time and kudos for having the courage to speak up about your condition and asking for help/guidance. While I can't speak to the specific condition that you may have, if you have an L1 fracture and for that many years, there are a myriad of problems that could be stemming from the injury and all are a concern. I concur that you need to get to a board certified spinal orthopedic surgeon asap. If you have not had an MRI recently, they will have one done to get a better look at whats occurring, but do not wait longer. You have suffered enough and hopefully will find a good Dr. who can advise you properly. While you've seen many Dr's they may not have the knowledge to deal with your situation and that's critical. I have severe osteoarthritis of the spine, degenerative disc disease and am having ACDF surgery on my neck in a month and have done the rounds with physicians. Daunting at times but keep being your own advocate! Good luck and be well.