Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hand atrophy

Hi all,

So happy I stumbled upon this forum. I am a 53 year old woman and two years ago, I was diagnosed with a large c6/c7 cervical herniated disc. Since then, I hardly have any pain in my neck or back but have lots of sensory feelings in my hand and forearm. The most upsetting and scary thing for me is the atrophy in my hand, specifically between my thumb and forefinger. I have developed an irrational fear of a motor neuron disease and have had a couple of EMG's on my hand. The first one, 14 months ago with a very reputable doctor, showed nothing but I just had one two weeks ago with a doctor I knew nothing about and it showed abnormalities in my hand. The report specifically read:
"This is an abnormal study consistent with multiple level cervical polyradiculopathy more on the left. There is also, a median motor neuropathy on the left and a relative right ulnar motor neuropathy below the help."

The doctors have repeatedly said it is nothing fatal but watching my hand wasting away is scaring me so much and want to know if anyone has had a similar symptom.

Thanks for everyones time :)