Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF surgery 3 months post op still pain

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been reading for the past few months and it has helped me along with my post op
I have a few questions regarding my post op recovery

My surgery was in April 2014 I had 3 level acdf from c4-c7 following my surgery the pain that radiated down my left arm was gone but I had neck and shoulder pain. My surgeon told me that I would be feeling sore because he had to jack up my spine he told me that after my surgery and at my 2 week post op surgery. During the whole recovery my shoulder has been getting worse and I feel as if my left arm is losing some strength I also get pain in my shoulder blades that feel like lightning strikes if that makes any sense, basically jolts of pain out of nowhere, i during my 2 month post op I explained this to my surgeon and he seemed somewhat perplexed saying I shouldn't have any pain at all he orders a ct scan and MRI on both my neck and shoulder. I got a call from his assistant that they see what the problem is that I have adjacent disc disease because of the pressure on the discs above and below the plates in my neck I went to see the surgeon this week and his assistant told me the same thing again, that another surgery may have to be done in order to free up space in my spine he said he wanted to review the images with the surgeon and he be in to talk to me. When my surgeon came in he said that he looked at the images and sees no problems that in the 18yrs of doing this he has never had to do another surgery. He basically told my that he feels my neck is fine and the problem cannot be coming from there. I explained to him that I had a MRI on my shoulder a month ago and it was fine he said its most likely the muscles and I need more time to heal and possible a cortisone shot and that the pieces of the puzzle are not matching what my symptoms are. My question for the forum is has anyone ever experienced this type of pain following neck fusion surgery. I feel like I'm out in the woods lost and my surgeon don't believe I'm still hurting when I am.