Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is my sciatica caused by piriformis syndrom or herniated disc?

I've had sciatica for the last 6 months. I've been to a physio therapist who said that my pain was caused by a bulging disc and she recommended doing mckenzie exercises, but they didn't seem to work. So I contacted a naprapath (kind of like a chiro) he said that my spine was totally crooked so he started to straighten it out. When my back was all good the pain was still there and it had even traveled from my left leg to my right and now it is in both legs.
Laying in bed seems to make it worse, running is impossible without getting a sharp stabbing feeling in my buttocks, walking I can do but with limping. The weird thing is that riding my bike (I'm a road cyclist) sort of makes it better. One day when hen I was in really bad pain I went out for a ride and when I came back I could almost walk without looking like a cripple. I saw a doctor today and she thought that my sciatica was caused by piriformis syndrome and not due to disc herniation.
Could it be piriformis? What exactly does piriformis syndrome feel like? Is there anything that can distinguish if I have one or the other? Thanks!