Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Aching burning pain in both legs,Help!!

Missy198407MMissy198407 Posts: 1
Hi all, im new to this so forgive me if i post in wrong spot.

I have had horrid leg pain in both my legs for over 3 years now. I was given Requip, which didnt help, after 6 months, given something else, (cant remember), and also did nothing. I am now on Gabapentin, 600mg,3x per day, Baclofen,(muscle relaxer),and Oxycodone 7.5 mg (pain). Well, nothing is helping.The pain medication was helping for about a month or 2 and now, it hardly dampens the pain.I have had an MRI. an EMG, Cat Scan, XRays, blood panels to see if anything is low,, all normal. My pain doctor tells me i have nerve damage but he doesnt know where its coming from, he thinks it may be my back, but thats as far as it gos. The pain is horrible, its a constant, deep ache, burning pain, that started in my lower legs, but has now gone to my thighs.I have tried heat,, heating pad, warm baths, especially at night, doesnt help.I have also tried ice, makes it worse, sitting, standing, walking, laying down, stretching, anti-inflamatories, all does nothing. It started off and on, but now is constant, i cant sit still, im always cranky because i can never sleep, up all night in agony.I dont know what to do, or why this is happening. I have had many surgeries over the years, Gullbladder out, Tubaligation, 2 laporoscopies, Hysterectomy, and just 42 days ago, a hernia removed from my belly button which was laporscopic, but then turned to open surgery, (not sure why). My tolerance for pain medication has gone up so much in 2 years, when i tell my pain doc, Percocet doesnt help anymore, he looks at me like im crazy, and my eyes fill up with tears and try everything not to cry. Moving my feet, moving my legs, doesnt help at all, but neither does keeping still... Im 30 yrs old, i have 4 kids 13, and under, im always iritated because of this pain, and hate taking it out on everyone, i try not to but cant help it. I have also had injections in my back and tailbone from a fracture from falling on my bum, about 4 or 5 years ago, causing me pain in my butt to, nothing has helped either. I just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this problem, if so, what might be the underlying cause, and also, what is usually done for nerve damage?
Thank you, hope to hear something soon.