Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fifth fusion scheduled and I am paralized with depression

i have previously had fusion of lumbars and S1, all the cervicals bilateral hip replacements, on injections to delay knee replacements. I have M c t d, DDD arthritis and a bunch of stuff. The upcoming surgery has been delayed by my need for dental work. A dentist broke my jaw or rather it sort of fell apart during oral surgery. At that time I had dental insurance. Since then I paid a fortune for partial. The anchor teeth began to decay and break. This spring I was given the okay to proceed. Do you know how much they cost? I signed up forMedical andDentical good news. I was approved with a share cost of $975 per month. I receive $1700 social security and pay$904 per month for rent. Right now I am in the donut hole and I paid $700 for meds in July. I am rambling. After literally going door to door to all the charities I could find, checking out the university dental schools all too much money. The heartwarming news is that my nephew, who is not a part of my daily life, called. Apparently it was a down day and I poured my heart out. A few days later, I received a check from him enough to cover all my copays. I had the work done three weeks ago and all is well. Not all of the bone grafts are taking and I have some decayed bits of teeth working their way out. Anyway, I am wearing the soft denture and at this early stage have an ability to chew. Infection gone. Went to see surgeon last week and I am scheduled lumbar thoracic first following healing cervical thoracic. For the first time in my vast surgical history, I am terrified. The pain is incredible, worse every day. Nothing helps. I am on ms 30 mg tid, oxycodone 10/325 I take two tid, gabapentin 800 mg tid, mobic, and venlafaxine and lots of other arthritis crap. I talked to my pm today at length, he jokingly told me that I am old, and he doesn't' want to have to fill out the paperwork when I gork. He also offered me a job in his office after my back heals. I am usually the reassuring everyone that it will all be okay, but I don't feel that way. My docs tell me to meditate, but when I quiet the noise in my head, the pain in my back rushes in. I see a psyc about quarterly, and I need to see him before surgery. Please offer some suggestions. I do count my blessings. I have a great son, who is getting weary of numerous surgeries, and I feel guilty about my dependence on him. I will stop before I go on forever. Thanks puppymom
Puppy mom

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I have 8 fusions under my belt so I know how you are feeling. It seems as if it will never end. I can tell you this, each surgery helped the pain and was worth having done. I think as chronic pain patients depression enters at some point. See a psych dr. who specializes with chronic pain patients. My pain Dr requires we see one at least twice a year for a mental check up . Dont give up, things will get better,