Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here and surgery coming quickly

HI Everyone,

I am new here and am having posterior interbody fusion (L5-S1)done a little over a week from now. I have found the sticky page with advice on how to prepare and can see I have my work cut out for me. I have had rheumatoid arthritis for years and also have degenerative disc disease, severe facet joint arthropathies, lumbarization of S1 and spondylolisthesis (2 MRI'S say in different places so not sure what to believe). All of these combined have led to severe spinal stenosis. I had facet join injections in March and a week later herniated so I have nerve damage to my left foot and have lost the use of gastrocnemius muscle (left calf). I am anemic which is not great when facing surgery and my creatinine levels are also out of whack now which might indicate some kidney problems from long-term anti-inflammatory use. I haven't discussed that with my GP yet but got the results today and though I have been taking iron for two months the hemoglobin has not risen at all. I had eye surgery earlier this year which didn't go very well and all of that is being put on hold due to my back. I'd love moral support and advice. especially from anyone else who has had to deal with RA and a bad back.

Thanks in advance!