Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weakness - Post Surgery

PeggyMcPPeggyMc Glendora, CaPosts: 17
I am 3 1/2 weeks post PLIF ALIF 360. I find that I am still so weak! I take a shower and I'm exhausted! It seems that anytime I get up and do anything to exert myself, I get weak and shaky so easily. I am in good physical shape but I'm so tired! Is there anything I should / could be doing to get my endurance up? I want to get going again!
Thank you

• Still dealing with weakness, nerves and various other things... Plus the level above the fusion is degenerated and now facets are degenerating rapidly so it's a matter of time before I have to have same surgery again.

Sending positive healing energy to you!
    Grade 1 Anterolisthesis/Spondy L5/S1 with Modic changes and mild disc protrusion, DDD, Osteoarthritis L2/L3, Stenosis, Sciatica, Herniation L4/L5. Scheduled for 360 spinal fusion/decompression July 1, 2014.
  • I had 360 on July 3rd and am still waiting to get my pre-surgery energy levels back -- getting dressed in the mornings totally wiped me out at first, but now I find that I have more endurance and each week it seems to get a little easier. I think this was the one thing I totally underestimated as far as healing time goes -- everyone at work looks at me and probably thinks I'm fine, but they have no idea how exhausting a long meeting or even multiple trips from one floor to the next during the day can be for me. I know it's getting better, though, because a few weeks ago there's no way I could get dressed, go to work, and still cook dinner at night without just being dead as a doornail. I'll take the baby steps -- but it is really frustrating for your brain to be 100% and the body lagging behind. :)

Hang in there, and listen to your body -- it's hard to find that line of what's too much and what's just enough, but you can do it! Sending you lots of healing vibes!
    360 Spinal Fusion (ALIF/PLIF) 7/3/2014
  • Would you have the 360 again? The reason I ask is that I hear so many horror stories about new pain and weakness. I have always taken the conservative approach (medication). I have run from three doctors in 13 years: all saying I need the L5-S1 fusion. I have been in pain management for 7 years. I had to drop out of PM because I had a Total hip replacement almost a year ago. I have empathy for anyone that has had orthopedic surgery. I talked to two people that had ALIF 360's and they say it is pure hades. So, once again I waver and set on the fence.
    My current limitations are walking. About 100 steps in the morning and decreasing during the day with less standing on the job. Here in Tennessee, the DEA make it almost impossible to get pain medication due to so many drug addicts and people scamming doctors to sell their pain medications.
    I have to ask this. Would you have the surgery all over again considering you will need more surgery? Would you have the surgery based on how you feel now? How much better are you after surgery?
  • hey Find out more about irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, symptoms of ibs, foods to avoid with ibs and ibs treatment now to remain healthy in your life.