Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain 4 years after surgery

Hi everyone, so my problem is that in August 2010 I had 3 major spinal operations for a lumbar spinal fusion. The operations went fine and I've had about 18 rods and bolts put into my back. After 2 years of taking it easy I was given the all clear to go back playing sports which I did for the next 2 years without any problems before moving to Australia where I live now. In may of this year I went for a run 2 days in a row and on the 3rd day I had a very stiff feeling in my lower back and found it very hard to bend over or walk, but after a bit of movement the pain would go away. During the course of a week this got progressively worse so I went to the doctor who just gave me anti-inflammatries and pain killers which didn't help much. Now I have a feeling of grinding bones just over where the hardware is in my back and it makes a really strange creaking noise, this does not hurt but it can be embarrassing as other people can hear it!! I also have big problems now when I'm lying down, sometimes I get a popping feeling which REALLY hurts and this only happens when I'm lying down, I can't seem to seem rid of this problem and I am afraid that some of the metal has moved and I will need more surgery. I am in just as much pain as I was before my surgery, please help!!
Sabrina Owen