Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Discectomy and TLIF

Hello... This is my first time leaving my own message. I have read many others, but haven't written my own until now. I've had back pain for years, lower back pain. In January this year, I felt a strong pain in my lower back that lasted about a minute and then shot right down my left leg and into my foot. The pain was very intense for the next month... i saw Dr's, took medications and went to PT. Last week I found out that I have Spondylolisthesis in the L4-L5 area. He said there is also a severely herniated disc just below the area that is compressing a nerve. My doctor called it a double whammy! It's very overwhelming to hear you have all of this going on and to start to process the idea of treatment. The treatment that has been recommended to me is a discectomy and then a TLIF, which is some sort of a fusion, done together at the same time. I am continuing to work 40 hours a week, which is very difficult and exhausting feeling this way. I am planning on going through with the surgery on October 13th, although i'm very nervous. How did other's feel after the surgery... How long before you were able to do regular everyday stuff... what about work.. how long before you were healed and strong enough to go back to work.. I've read alot, but i really want some information from people who have gone through this before. Any advice is appreciated!