Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS or another Burning of Nerves??

I've had my lower back injury since August 2012 and it just keeps getting worse with the pain. I've been tried on all sorts of meds and none worked.. Was told my body is just too used to them...
Then I went through Nerve Blocks then a different procedure that was a bit higher up my spine and nothing...
They then tried the Nerve Burning to see if that would help, and it did... for 2 weeks.... work killed that procedure and I am now out of work until further notice.

I saw my surgeon's asst. and after getting an X-Ray, EMG and a MRI done, she said I have 2 discs that are bulging, 1 is almost gone and spurring in S1.. She suggested having the discs worked on because that is probably the main cause of the pain. She called back today (saw her the 19th) and said the surgeon says no surgery, but suggested either trying to burn the nerves on both sides one more time or try for the SCS. They are going to call back with another appointment after talking to my pain management dr. and go from there...

Question is, how well does the SCS work?? This is the first I've heard of this and the parts I don't like are the RISKS.... spinal fluid leakage, bladder problems, infections.....

Any help or answers from people who have gone through this would be great....