Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar disc/facet pain suggestion

vizbukvvizbuk Posts: 2
edited 10/02/2014 - 11:25 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone

This is my first post so I hope I can offer and receive help from all my fellow pain sufferers.

I have chronic low back pain for 30 years now. In that time I went through the usual gamut of physios, accupuncture, self help books, stretching routines. I eventually decided to sign up for a Physical Therapy course (6 years ago) and though I graduated I am still unable to practice due to my chronic low back pain.

4 years ago I got an MRI scan done which at least gave me a reason for my pain- mild disc and facet joint degeneration at L5/S1 and L4/L5 causing moderately severe lateral foraminal stenosis left and right sides. At this stage I couldn't walk more than 20 yards without my back locking up and going into spasm. I could not bend forward without getting a jolt of pain down my back and into my backside. I went to see a orthopaedic and neurosurgeon and was told to 'stay positive' as I wasn't suitable for surgery. I'm actually thankful for that now.

1 year ago I started taking diclac non steroid anti inflammatory meds for 2 weeks and this helped in the very short term but of course soon enough the usual symptoms returned.

2 months ago I came across a book on the internet called 'Sarah Key's Back sufferers bible'. She is an Australian Physiotherapist who trained at Sydney University and also is Physiotherapist to the British royal family

It has improved my own condition slowly but surely and I am hopeful for the future which I can assure you is a new feeling for me. I still have regular back stiffness but I'm determined to keep following her healing regime as it could take a few months to see any real progress for me anyway.

I'll stop rambling now and suggest you google her if interested

Best wishes to all of you

Link removed, solicitation not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
Post edited to remove inappropriate comment
Post Edited The moderator team