Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

thoracic pain ten months and going strong

unrelenting painuunrelenting pain Posts: 20
edited 10/13/2014 - 3:58 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi as a new member to this forum I wish to thank those of you who intrigued me to join the spine-health website. I am a very active middle aged woman who had a bad fall on my back and head (concrete very icy) right before Christmas of 2013. My life has changed immensely. I have never been out of pain since the day I fell. I rarely sleep over 3 hours as I am woke up in the middle of night due to the pain. This is what I have tried: physical therapy which did not help, chiropractic care which seemed to put me in worse pain, seven pain shots (including 6 facet block injections at once of depomedrol which almost killed me and a trigger point injection. I had severe reactions to the depomedrol and vomited for days, my blood pressure shot through the roof for two weeks, abnormal mentrual bleeding only to name a few side effects. I visited a spine clinic who then wanted to perform an epidural. After much research and inquiring of the steroid to be used I rejected the injection. The pain has made my life a living hell. I also have two disc injuries at L45-5 and L5-S1 which do not seem to be causing me problems at this time. My question is "why is there so many answers for lumbar pain but nothing for the thoracic area. I used to run, roller blade and although I am a small woman I had no problem moving furniture. This condition has caused me depression as well. Many nights I sleep on ice packs and use a tens unit when I can. If anyone out there has successful results from a thoracic injury PLEASE send out some information. I am at my wits end. Thanks so much.
Unrelenting pain