Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please ignore post

Penguinz90PPenguinz90 Posts: 22
edited 10/18/2014 - 4:13 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Surgery is set for December 2nd. In addition to the MRI results, X-Rays confirmed spondylolesthesis with 50% slippage. In 3 months I went from not having lower back problems really to needing spinal fusion surgery. I'm curious, in reading this report is this average of someone having issues, not too bad, or yeah surgery is definitely what is needed here. I'm just trying to get a gauge on how bad this all seems. I realize you all aren't doctors, but thought maybe some of you might be able to help put this in laymans terms for me. Thanks.

Findings: There is also the suggestion of approximately 8mm left lateral subluxation of L3 and L4. There is 5mm anterior subluxation of L3 on L4 on the sagital images that is degenerative in nature. Severe disc desication and disc space narrowing is noted on the L3-L4 level. The remaining discs are no rmal in appearance. There are extensive, acute endplate changes at the L3-L4 level that are eccentrically located along the left aspect of the disc. There is otherwise normal signal visualized in the osseaous structures. the conus termiates at the upper endplate of L1. The nerve roots are normal in appearance.

L3-L4: Unroofing of the disc with superimposed broad based disc buldge. Severe bilateral facet arthropathy and ligamentum flavum thickening. Moderate to severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. Severe spinal canal stenosis.

Impressions: Severe degenerative disc disease at the L3-L4 level resulting in a combination of anterior subluxation of L3 on L4, acute endplate changes, unroofing/bulging of the disc and facet arthropathy. All of these factors result in moderate to severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing and severe spinal canal stenosis described above.