Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 years post ACDF and getting worst

Nick.nyNNick.ny New York,NYPosts: 121
edited 11/09/2014 - 5:45 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi every one I'm one week member to this community and it's time for me to introduce my self. My name is Nicholas and I'm 56 years old. Four years ago due to a bad car accident,rear ended,I broke my neck and right shoulder.2011 I had multilevel C4/5,5/6,6/7 acfd surgery with titanium plate and screws.4/2011,3/2012,11/2012 and 6/2013 I had shoulder surgeries without any success. Since then I'm in constant pain 24/7. I'm on heavy pain medication,Percocet 10-325 x6,ibuprofen 800mg x3,zanaflex 4mg x3 and alternately cymbalta 60mg,Prozac 40mg,and Wellbutrin 100mg also I had 5-6x trigger point injections and 2 rounds epidural injection the last one a month ago with no significant pain relief. I also postponed a shoulder replacement surgery so my body to rest a little since it took big toll 5 surgeries in 26 months period. Recently my conditions going from bad to worst,i have pain in the neck,in my both arms and down the fingers and I'm chocking worst than I was right after the surgery,and because of all that I stopped PT,now recent MRI shows persisting disc bulge at C5/6 and at the level above the fusion,C3/4,a disc bulge with left neuroforaminal severely narrowed,the cervical curvature is reversed. I have an appointment scheduled with my neurologist for this coming week and to start all over again. I don't even want to think about another surgery on my neck but it looks like I'm heading there.Thanks for giving me the opportunity to tell my story and I wonder if there's others like me having similar problems. Nick ACDF C4/5,5/6,6/7.
2011 ACDF C 4/5/6/7.
2011 repaired sternum with fixation plate and 9 screws.
4/2011,3/2012,11/2012 and 6/2013  Rotator cuff surgeries.  
1/6/2016 revision ACDF C4/5/6/7, plus fusing the level above that C 3-4.
Pending L5-S1.

• Welcome to Spine Health. http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/mri-reports-why-we-cant-advise

I'm sorry for what you are going through.......hopefully, the neurosurgeon will have some better answers for you.
  • Nick.nyNNick.ny New York,NYPosts: 121
    edited 11/08/2014 - 9:24 PM
    A few days ago I had an appointment with my neurologist expecting to hear some good news about my on going problems, due to multilevel ACDF and multiple(4) shoulder surgeries,a result of nasty car accident,and badly injured.any way it wasn't what I wanted to hear but this is it! First the chocking,swallowing difficulty as he said it's "mechanical"problem,meaning hardware,titanium plate,screws. Second he scheduled 3 more tests,a lower extremities Doppler since lately i have right low back,hip,leg pain so I can hardly walk half a block with out pain and upper and lower EMG he also added another Rx to my long list of medications.since all my doctors know and contact each other only one writes the prescriptions the PM he send note to him to give me either Neurontin or my known devil Lyrica on my scheduled appointment this Wednesday. So I have to be patient for another month to finish all the tests before I'll go to consult the surgeon for the final decision. Nick ACDF C4/5/6/7.
    2011 ACDF C 4/5/6/7.
    2011 repaired sternum with fixation plate and 9 screws.
    4/2011,3/2012,11/2012 and 6/2013  Rotator cuff surgeries.  
    1/6/2016 revision ACDF C4/5/6/7, plus fusing the level above that C 3-4.
    Pending L5-S1.