Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does my symptoms caused by C3-4 Disc protrusion ?? HLEP !!!!

Bestrong500BBestrong500 Posts: 2
edited 02/03/2015 - 8:26 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone, Last two months was so tough for me, i will tell my story hope i can find someone to help me!
Episode One:
March 2013, I went to a trip to another country with my husband, and I hit the lower back of my head, i was really scared, but i didn't thins its a big deal, i had two days of serious headache, them headache went away, but followed by the "flu" or Flu like symptoms with chest pain, so i went to the emergency room after few days, i totally forgot to tell the doctor that i previously hit my head, so they took X-ray of my chest, and it is normal, so they just treated me like a normal flu. On the air plane back to NYC, I didnt feel good on the plane, i felt dizzy and nausea , finally i started to throw up on the plane, around 7 time, the last time i was holding my head over the toilet, i started feel the numbness on my hands for the first time, i as so scared, bcaz i was on an airplane, then within few minutes, the numbness spread to my whole body from head to toe, with people's help, my numbness faded away about two hours, then the plane landed i was sent to emergency room, they checked my stomach, said it was a acute gastritis, then i went home.

Episode Two:
August 2014, i was normal person after the first episode, feel super healthy except sometimes have shoulder pain, but i just thought i slept funny or need do more workout, so august 2014, one night before i go to sleep, i was on my computer doing some research for a long time, stayed up really late, suddenly i had this chest pain, So i went to bed, thought i would sleep it off, the next day i Woke up, the chest pain still there, i was sitting on the couch, i feel the tingling started with my hands, so i went to bed lie down, the tingling/ numbness spread, from neck to feet, it was a really scary feeling. my husband called 911, they did ct head and chest, everything is normal. my symptoms faded away in about 6 hours. they sent me home.

Episode Three:
December 2014, I was in the car with my husband going to shopping, then again the tingling/numbness started from hands, and the spread to arms, but my legs was fine. This time I was not that scared, because I know even I go to emergency room, they will not do anything. So I Went home lie down. Basically, from December 2014 until today my symptoms are: dull pain in my upper back area (lower back of my head, neck, shoulder, sometimes arms too) , and I have super stiff neck, limb weakness, on and off tingling with hands. I went to see my PCP, she didn’t do any test, and she told me im depressed, I went to see a neuro doctor, did the Mri for head and neck, he told me everything is fine, and told me stay happy. I just so disappointed, I m a very happy person, even with these symptoms, im still staying strong. So I asked copy of my Mri, I notice a cervical C3-4 protrusion, and looks like has central compression on the thecal sac. I did a lot of research; this might cause nerve root compression. But the thing is C3-4 disc problem is so uncommon, and a central compression is even more rare. So here I hope some one can give me some advice or opinion!! Thanks a lot !!!!!

• BlessedMom74BBlessedMom74 Posts: 322
    edited 02/12/2015 - 7:36 AM
    To me it sounds like you suffered a concussion when you hit your head. You definitely caused injury to the back of your head which became I flamed and all then muscle attachments that attach at the back of the head and neck became inflamed too. All the symptoms you described in episode one are common in a concussion. Recovering from s concussion can take several months. I would ice the back of your head regularly which will help all the swelling in those attachment points. The pain from the deep neck muscles can radiate to the chest, especially the scalene muscle, which you could have sprained when you hit your head. Maybe some ice and anti-inflammatories? Hope this helps.