Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Upper back pain for months now. Worried :(

edited 02/17/2015 - 2:07 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Okay so im 24. T'was about 4 months ago when this upper back(more like at the middle part) pain started. It doesnt hurt if im steady or lying down nor while walking. I just know it hurts whenever i stretch or something like that. A tolerable kind of pain. Just that. Nothing else. No tingling or other pain. Went to the doctor last month and gave me prescriptions for pain meds and told me that i should try working out first and take those meds. If none of those doesnt work then thats the time we'll do all the bloodworks and stuff. I asked him, was it not already a cause of alarm that ive been having this for months already, why not do the bloodwork now? Was it like, a protocol to try meds first bfore jumping onto xrays and stuff right away? And oh the meds kinda gave me bad palpitations so i dint finish the meds.. I cant find time to visit the doctor either because of my diff schedules at work. I'm just worried to be honest. Can somebody talk to me about it. Really appreciate it

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Use that above hyperlink to help you get started with Spine-Health and navigate through the system.

If there are any questions, you can always post them here, send Liz or myself a private message or contact Ron rdilauro@veritashealth.com

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • You need to find time to consult to your doctor so that you will have the right treatment. Pain medication may work or not, depending the type of pain you are experiencing. You can do some remedies like stretches. Try to check your posture as well, your daily activities may cause back pain.
    PAIN can CHANGE you, but NEVER let it DEFINE you.
    Treat arthritis pain
  • I'm scared that i might get a bad result if I go back to the doctor anytime soon since ill be turning 25 next month and it's gunbe my parents' 25th wedding anniv as well. I dont wanna ruin the mood. im kind of caught up in the situation because at the same time im getting really paranoid as to what this could be. Afraid of doctors, so here i am relying on ppl that i can talk to :( thanks for your reply