Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie thanks for the add

CassiekCCassiek Posts: 1
edited 02/17/2015 - 8:43 PM in New Member Introductions
For the past 6//7 weeks I have been having sleepless nights on/off with pains In Both buttocks witch radiates down both legs to the knees, although my right one can on occasions go down to my shin. The pain I would say is a continuous knawing ache that does not go away. Despite trying different lying positions. I also experience a weakness and I think muscle pain after sitting or lying, and I find somewhat hard to get up from sitting position, feels I have no strength in my legs.
I was so fed up with sleepless nights and pain. That I went to my GP last week. I explained all, He asked some usual questions felt down my spine at different point which I experienced no pain. I then laid on the couch where he lifted my legs and ran a few tests. No pain.
He said he would prescribe 1 weeks supply of diazepam 5mg 1in the morning and 1 at night. He said it would hopefully help to relax the muscles in my legs as he thought they were a little tight. He also told me to mention to my physio who I was shortly seeing to see what she felt. (I will explain a little later about that)
Went home after getting my prescription, at bedtime took my tablet.....brilliant slept really well no pains. But continued pain and weakness when getting out of chair still. But more than happy being able to sleep so well. By the 5th day of taking diazepam oh my goodness, I was falling asleep I the afternoon, then again around 8pm out of it completely unable to be woken up, so hubby was leaving me on the sofa sitting up, 3 nights running this happened I could'nt function. It's taken me 2 days to feel normal again as I stopped taking the meds.
So here I am first night of feeling fairly normal sleep pattern. And bang. Awake 2 hrs after going to bed pain in buttock only on one side this time going down the leg, so hence here I am on this forum.
I would like to mention about 18 months ago I experienced pain in my head and shoulders every night when I went to bed it felt as though I had been sleeping with my head n shoulders on stones. I suffer with IBS past 2 years which flares from time to time.
I think only fair to share at this point that I had surgery 12 weeks ago for a rotator cuff injury (I fell from my daughters horse ) last June when the saddle slipped and it was my right side I fell on.
Surgery was in November. I had surgery using pain block although I was asleep when they did the procedure. Basically I pulled tendons and ligaments away from my shoulder their was considerable damage. This is my I mentioned earlier about my physio.
After I had my physio session the other day I told her what had been happening. She dis a few tests similar to my GP ask quite a few questions, then said she would like to do a full examination but GP would have to send in another referral as that's not what she was seeing me for.
She handed me apiece of paper with had a list of signs to look for which could be a medical emergency. The name is. Cauda Equine Syndrome. Basically nerve root pain, although I had some of the symptoms but not enough for her to be too concerned at this point of time.
I however feel that symptons I have is fibro nothing else. I have brain fog on occasions but this leg pain getting out of the chair is something I have suffered with before but never to the extent I have had recently. I don't suffer with headaches that is fortunately very rare for me.
Does anyone else think this could be fibro?