Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I will be going to Boston for myscs surgery 3/17. I asked for paddle but they want to do percutanous leads

First. My trial was great however I am anxious about feeling pain in surgery when testing lead placement.

I would like to know if anyone had to wear a binder and for how long? Thank you in advance

God bless

• Why not paddle? I would ask more questions. From what I understand,there is more recovery time but worth it. I have paddle, took four weeks to return to work.
  • hi pandqmama,

I. Have read. almost. all. posts on. SCS. and. I. would. prefer. a

paddle to. prevent. possible. migration. but. the. Dr. wants. to. try

percent. leads first. The. Dr. told. me. that. maybe. two. out. of. 100

migrate because. patients. don't. stick. to. restrictions. I. just. hope. I

don't. have. to repeat. due. to migration. Thank. you. for. posting and I

will post after. Surgery.

God bless

• I've had both leads. Three years ago when I got my first SCS I had percutaneous lead and they did great until I accidently popped my back on the arm on my couch while pulling myself up from laying down. Now here I lay in bed 5 days post op from a revision were they actually put in an entire new unit and paddle leads. The surgeries or VERY different. This one is very rough compared to the first one. But if you get it done the fist time then you won't have to worry about it again and from my research the other leads move more often then the dr like to admit. It is an extra cut and more pain but at least your chances of ever having to have a revision or much smaller. I hope your dr will listen to you and if not try to fine another one who will. It's your body. And as far as the pain we they wake you to test the leads, I can't remember one thing from any of my SCS surgeries. I can't remember them ever waking me to talk to me and they did. So doesn't stress about that. I don't think that wake u all the way. Just enough for you to answer.

• hi. Angela,

Thanks for. the advise. I'd. had. the. Same. Dr. 2000. and.

he. would. Prefer. Percutanwous. Leads. Why. did. you. have.

percutanous. leads. instead. of. Paddles. the. first. time? You. seem.

to have has no. Problem. with. lead. migration only. because. of. accident getting. up. I

hope. You. have a healthy. Recovery. I did. have. a lamiectomy + microdiscectomy

in 2002. Quite. Painful. my. surgery is. tomorrow. at. 7:30. and. I

have. to. arrive. at. 5:30. I'll. be leaving. at 4am. because. we have a

hour. and. A. half. ride. to. Boston,Ma..