Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Planning back Home is where I am bit optimistic now

I am 33 years old. I had my surgery on 29th dec 2014 L5-S1 fusion TLIF. I posted my earlier posts regarding my leg pain and backpain coming back on 4th to 5th week. I had also saw my doctor on 3rd Feb, Had my XRay. They said all fine though I mentioned my leg pain and problem in sitting and walking problem. Then I was asked not to use the Brace any more. I started working with my standing desks. The leg pain and sitting problem after a week of PT felt better but suddenly something was wrong I felt while walking I felt a lot of imbalance at the surgial site. when I walked I found its hurting my leg even more and more and slowly I almost couldn't walk fro last 3 weeks also I am getting right leg pain from last week. I mailed this problem to my surgeon and I had my MRI Done.

Today I had my 3 month visit. I met the Nurse, they also had my xray with forward and backward bending. I was hoping I could see Doctor but unfortunately I had my query cleared by Nurse. She told me every thing is normal, also showed my Xray. She said MRI is fine and Doctor said probably your symptoms are all due to scar tissue. They prescribed further PT and lyrica. Today was a judgement day for me as in last few weeks I was unable to work full time in my office . I was asked by my employer if I need a Long Leave for 6 month or so.

I always thought technology US would be far better but I now feel that may be I am completely wrong. I never heard of any failed back surgery in my life, I have seen all successful cases who I have met who did their surgery back to 20 years even all open surgery.

I recall my 8 year old meeting with one of the doctors who said me either I should not do surgery ever or if planning do it right then rather then doing it later in future just merely looking my Xray. He told me that if you plan to fix the problem later you might have some problem which are irreversible and surgery cant fix them anymore. more over I can recall how he pinpointed some more problems in those days which was my first visit to any doctor for my back problem just by looking at my xray. I was so young and all other doctors whom I met afterwards told me not to do surgery at such an young age though I have problem and I decided not to do ! Later last year fortunate turned unfortunate I landed in US and planned to have my surgery . I had some some facet joints problems in L4 l5 area too which my first doctors also pointed out and he also warned me at that time if you do surgery they will irritate you. But When I met Top doctors in US every one ruled out the possibility of cause of the problem and they told that l5-S1 fuse will fix my sitting and walking problem. I never had right leg pain anytime in my life which I am getting now !

If time is what I have to wait and watch I have planned to go back to home quitting my job spend the rest of life with my family.

I want to hear some successful cases Please inspire the unhappy mass with mentioning the time it took for you to heal after having some turbulent time initially.