Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C3 corpectomy and C2 and C4 fusion

I am 2 weeks post op and I have absolutely no pain. I feel as if I could go back to normal life but my body is extremely tired. Before this I had a halo on to try and naturally fuse the bones. But no luck. So my question is, what should I expect for this recovery. I have numbness /tingling in my legs when I go for walks with my dogs and also numbness and tingling sometimes in my arms.

• TWynnBTTWynnB Posts: 266
    edited 04/15/2015 - 3:50 PM
    I had a C3/4 ACDF with C5 corpectomy (so 3/6 fused) and I agree, I didn't think it was *that* painful. But be careful....don't overdo it. I worked today (I'm over 4 months out...) and I am wiped out.
    I'm assuming you had a corpectomy for severe spinal cord compression? That makes your recovery a little more of a roller coaster, I would expect. If it is smooth sailing, you are a lucky one! Just don't push it. And you aren't personally walking the dogs, right? Unless they're itty bitty?
    And did I say, don't push it?!

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• I did have spinal cord compression. And a fractured C2 as well as the C3. I'm mostly worried about the numbness. Did yours get better with time? (I'm assuming you had numbness since you had a corpectomy as well)
  • Oh and I have chihuahuas (:
  • My numbness in my hands is mild to moderately improved, depending on the day. I had a friend, it was 18 months out the numbness resolved. I'm assuming you mean of the hands?
    Don't let those little Chihuahuas trip you!! They're quick little buggers!

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• The tingling runs through my hands, arms, and when I walk too much it goes through my legs. It has improved over the last 2 weeks for sure. But I'm hoping it goes away permanently. And haha I'll try and watch my chihuahuas. Lol