Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

l4l5 surgery

I did l4l5 surgery on 16 April 2015. My surgery pain is quite ok now but when i start walking i feel A sharp pain in my left leg i.e hip and knee. I cant walk or stant for 5 minutes and ok when sit or laying on bed. Plz can some one tell me why this arise. Before surgery the pain is not so much as i m facing now. I worried about it. How much time it will take

• I had L4/L% fusion surgery in 11/2013. My right hip and leg pain were significant after the surgery. After the initial followup my surgeon indicated that it would take some time for the nerves to heal as they had been so compressed for a long time. At the 4 month followup I was walking with a cane as the pain was so bad. My surgeon did not like my symptoms and took Xrays and diagnosed a bad hip with no cartilage between bones. Had the hip replaced in 7/2014 and now am doing fine. My hip surgeon said that quite often back pain and bad hips go hand in hand and sometimes it takes at least one surgery to figure out there is more stuff going on. Something to think about.
  • ivymiivym Posts: 278
    edited 05/07/2015 - 10:44 AM
    From reading others experiences it may be that the nerves that were "sleeping" before surgery are ow waking up. I am far from an expert and am pre op personally but I have read about this. You might ask your NS is tat may be the case.. Not sure how long it will take . Perhaps someone else can chime in here.

• Just wondering if you need to loosen things up and then it feels better. I am siding with Ivy, Nerve pain feels very different from muscle pain. Why don't you give your Doc a call?