Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C5-C6 fusion 8 months post op. and new symptoms :/!!!! HELP!!

First off, im a 30 year old male in good shape and athletic, i actively exercise and live a healthy lifestyle. So i have a question and im hoping someone can help me calm down lol (but seriously!!). I had a fusion about 8 months ago for a majorly compressed spinal cord at the C5-C6 level. Surgery went fine and everything was going ok, had a few symptoms from time to time: slight burning around shoulder and neck, maybe little tingling in hands etc... normal stuff. Just about a month and a half ago i really started to hit the weights again, i was cleared at two or two and a half months for normal activity if i remember correctly. Since i started really isolating and stressing my muscles i have had recurring symptoms.....with vengeance!!!! Burring, not horrible, but burning in my upper back and shoulders at times, as well as the back of my hand and forearm. I also have fasciculation on my triceps, lats, forearms, and chest at times, almost always when i lay down, never when lifting. I get cramps if i contract my triceps and forearms as well. It actually feels better when lifting, no burning or twitching occurs when i lift. Went to my neuro. and my fusion and discs look great from the X-ray, nothing has changed prior to surgery and she doubts anything else is wrong but cant explain the symptoms, so im getting an MRI (she says shed be surprised if anything even minor showed up). These symptoms have been back for about a week and a half. No tingling, numbing, shooting pains, loss of strength (strength is progressing fast!!especially triceps, and back) loss of motion, neck pain, or loss of coordination. I took a lot of time off from lifting, both before an after surgery, so im making big gains in strength in all lifts. MY PT friends think its my muscles adjusting to the stress and "waking up" and healing/compensating to the increased stress (a good thing) it made sense to me, especially since ive just really started isolating certain muscle groups and stressing them again . Is this a plausible explanation? what else could it be? if anyone has any information, suggestions , or comments it would be greatly appreciated!!! i really hate going thought this stuff!!

P.S-I have eliminated Squatting, deadlifts, heavy shrugging, and any lifts where I'm holding onto heavy weight with barbells. Most of the things i do my neck is supported, the loading patterns don't really stress the neck, or i just go lighter than usual......so i can maintain good form.

Thank again, Blake
Blake baxter