Hi I'm new and very scared. I have been recommended to have two level Fusion for C5-6 and C6-7 in August. I'm very lucky to have little pain but my hands are increasingly numb and tingling due to disc pressure right on the spinal chord. Doc says if I don't have the surgery the numbness and loss of function will get worse. And may already be permanent.
I have had symptoms for about 2.5 months. Doc says even if things get better on symptoms I will eventually need the fusion.
I am very worried about two level fusion. Also not sure if I am rushing this without giving myself time to maybe heal without it. The hand dysfunction is annoying only though the thought of it getting worse is terrifying.
Should also mention I'm 53 and not super fit. Worked at a very busy job last five years, gained weight. Also to make everything even more fun, moving to Oregon this Tuesday (planned months ago of course) but planning to come back to California for the surgery.
Any advice will be appreciated. As will hand-holding.