Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just had the worst experience of my entire life...

SacramilSSacramil Posts: 7
edited 08/05/2015 - 1:09 PM in Spinal Injections
I just received 4 total (not sure what the standard amount is) bilateral nerve blocks in my L4 - L5 and S1 for my bulging discs.
I felt the worst pain I've ever felt in my life.

Yes, I know he's hitting nerves. I've had a nerve block above my hip (forgot the name) and two on each side of my spine l, on my neck, in the occipital nerves for my occipital neuralgia (symptoms mimic migraines).

Nothing could have prepared me for this.

As soon as he hit the first nerve I felt like I was being electrocuted from my back, down my entire left leg, every single muscle in my entire body began twitching and I couldn't control it. My only reaction was to cry. I bawled my eyes out until the entire pillow I was laying on got covered in tears and snot. This happened three more times, for both legs and even after they injected me with more pain medicine.

As of right now, I'm icing the injection spots, laying on my side, not moving a muscle. I hope this makes the pain I've been experiencing these last two years even slightly better. It'd be worth it.

I just felt like sharing, first time I've ever told a doctor my pain was a 10. I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy.

Thanks for reading. Time to relax and hopefully feel better.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    but I wouldn't be spending time posting here, instead ice and rest your leg...
    Thats more important.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Any time I have injections I do not want to be awake for a minute. I always have sedation. Wonder if that would have helped. Once my PM injects me never that kind of pain. Was that facet joint injections? I'm getting ready for my 3rd set and then on to RFA. Last try to see about relief if that doesn't then the spinal cord stim.
  • The sedation didn't feel right this time, however. I felt fully coherent and felt every ounce of pain. He did mention he didn't put a lot of numbing medicine in the injections themselves this time. I'm not sure why. I've just started pain management (4 months in) it's taken me two years to get in.

Definitely not mad or having any negative feelings towards my doctor. He cares so much which is something is hard to come by. Just definitely didn't expect it.

Thank you for your messages you two :)

Little update for today, still in terrible terrible pain. Each step hurts. Other than that if I don't move and relax I feel fine for a bit.