Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower lumbar ruptered, arthritis, scelosis, etc

jfm574jjfm574 Posts: 1
I have had 2 back surgeries already and I am going to have number 3 in the fall. I had carpal tunnel surgery on 07/15/15 on left hand and on 08/25/2015 having carpal tunnel surgery on right hand. My pain management Doctor was very rude to me, I had no choice but to fire him. Getting so tired of being treated like another nobody. My Surgeon is very low key, nice treats me like a doctor should treat there patients. I now have to call and go to my PCP and look for another pain med doctor. I am on only 7.5/325 Norco and been on it for 8 months. When it is time to come off them, I am scared. Withdrawals are very bad for me. With my severe arthritis not sure if I can cope with anything anymore. I am not a very good talker when it comes to doctors. The law has changed so very much, that the ones who need our meds are treated like another number. I just feel like ...... ..! Pain, doctors, everything! Tired tired tired. If I ask for something ,I get this well the law has changed and we need to be very careful.
So, tired of the talk. I agree or just stopped asking. This pain management Doctor is XXXXX, world at YYYYYY in Indiana. He made alot of money off my health plan. His personality is like a brick wall. I believe with the overdoses, it has made it harder to get our meds that the ones who actually need them. Before my surgery, my pain management doctors nurse called me, she ask who are you going to get your meds from. This was a verbal agreement over the phone. 3 weeks before my surgery. I told her my pain medicine doctor. Went in had my surgery. Doctor went out and talk to my husband. Got home and we t to bed. Woke up and my pain was unbearable! Took my medication I had from my pain management Doctor. My husband gave me my meds. He had a bag on our dresser. Ask my husband what was in the bag. He got a script from my Surgeon and had it filled, when I was resting at home. I never told my husband about our verbal agreement, with my pain management Doctor! I knew then I had explain to do! I was very upset with what happened. Blame myself, I forgot! 3 weeks before and now I just have to live with the pain. I deserve it. Explained it to my pmd and forget it. He still will see me but he will no longer presribe my med. The Surgeon only can, after I have Surgery. So, I had to let him go. The pmd. So, another mistake because of me. My husband feels so very bad and he did not know, because of me. Try to explain that to a doctor. I tried I did and that's that. I just could not figure out why he still would see me as his pmd but no medication? On, well. What else can I do but just keep to myself permanently.

Unfortunately, that is the way things happen now with pain medications. You might have a very tough road ahead.