I could REALLY really use any advice on what my issue may be. My pain has gotten WORSE the past week after an epidural injection for my leg pain by my pain Dr.
A little history:
- When did this first start?: 4.5 months ago
- Your age: 25
- Was it the result of an accident or trauma?: May have been caused my jumping off a counter I was only 6 weeks postpartum and the pain started just hours later.
- What doctors have you seen? (Orthopedic, Neurosurgeon, Spine Specialist, etc): Physical therapist and Neurosurgeon
. Which doctor did you start with?: Primary Care Physician
- What Conservative treatments have you had? Which ones?
. Physical Therapy: Yes
. Ultrasound / Tens unit: Yes
. Spinal Injections: Yes (SI Joint) x3, the first two seemed to help by about 50 percent, the third was different he did an epidural injection and it did NOTHING.
. Acupuncture: No
. Massage Therapy: Yes
- What diagnostic tests have you had? And their results (MRI, CTScan, XRay, EMG, etc): MRI, (nothing) X-rays (nothing)
- What medications are you currently using? (details, dosage, frequency, etc)
. Name of Medication Lyrica 25 mg 2x a day for almost 2 months and tramadol 50 mg 2x a day
- Has surgery been discussed as an option? (If so, what kind) No
- Is there any nerve pain/damage associated? YES
- What is your doctor’s action plan for treating you? continued PT.... I feel like they are having a difficult time figuring out what is wrong and I have major anxiety sometimes depression because of it. The pain is draining. It is never sharp but CONSTANT all around my right leg, generally the front of my thigh, back of my calf, sometimes a little in the right groin area, or knee and two toes. ALL ONLY ON RIGHT SIDE. It isn't usually sharp but more numbing, pressure, burning sometimes, achy nerve/ muscle pain. HELP I need to figure this out. It originated as pain in my right SI joint (for a few days) but then just in my right leg. Hasn't went away for 4 1/2 months. Would appreciate ANY opinions. TIA!