Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower Lumbar Pain Management (Spinal Cord Tumor)

jake87jjake87 Posts: 3
edited 08/29/2015 - 10:24 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hello everybody,

I have had severe lower lumbar pain for 3 years now, I am in the middle of being discharged from the Army, which has been a low blow for me. At first my primary care provider thought I was faking my pain. After, 5 months I received and MRI that showed that I have a spinal cord tumor interdural (inside my spine (dura)) located in the middle of my L2-L3 nerve rootlets! It’s extremely painful, sometimes I have extreme pressure in my hips and my legs feel weak. It’s been 2 years now that I have known about the tumor, it has not grown and is 14mm Cranial/Caudal, 4mm Anterior/Posterior and 4mm Transverse. I have been told it’s not very big so it should not be causing my issues. However, last time I went to the E.R for bladder incontinence and extreme pain the doctor gave me an emergency MRI and said I have clear nerve compression and nerve impingement in my spine due to the tumor. I'm only 28 and this stinks! I am waiting to be discharged from the Army so I can go to [edit] to see a real good surgeon there. My MRI also showed spondylosis and mild bulging discs, however, physical therapy said that shouldn't be causing my issues. I really do believe it’s the tumor, the pain stems from that exact location. Nuerontin/Gabapentin does absolutely nothing for me, just makes me feel like a zombie and muscle relaxers are useless. The only thing that has helped is Percocet and I only use it during the nights when my pain gets real severe where I can’t lay, sit or stand to get any relief I went from being in top tear shape and an Officer in the Army to being broken, I would run 12 miles with my ruck and max out my physical fitness test. Now I can’t do much of anything physical! I see pain management for the first time on 08SEPT15, does anybody have any advice for what I should do and ask for? All advice is greatly appreciated, back pain is the worse, and it makes the smallest tasks seem like mountains.

No one on the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or recommendations on any diagnostic test responses will be based on member's experiences only
Liz -spine-health moderator

Lower lumbar tumor L2-L3 and lumbar spondylosis .