Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Long occuring Thoracic disc discomfort

MichDonnellMMichDonnell Posts: 2
edited 11/02/2015 - 1:08 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi, let me try to explain what I am dealing with. Right in the dead center of my back in the thoracic region (not sure which vertebrae exactly, just know it's dead center) i have a little knot just off to the left side of the vertebrae which I can only assume is the disc. I've been aware of it for almost 27 months now because I tweaked my back lifting weights awkwardly. I am currently 21 and this happened just before I turned 19.

I am constantly aware of the disc and constantly have the IRRESISTABLE need to crack it. This feeling of needing to crack my back so my disc feels very slight relief has been going on for awhile and I've been needing to crack it more and more frequently.
I don't have pain elsewhere and I wouldn't call this pain either, just very annoying discomfort. I've had a chiropractor check it out twice who seemed to know what he was doing and all he said was focus on sitting and standing up straight constantly and it would work itself out. I try to do that but it's not always possible, and it has not gotten better at all. The disc also makes it uncomfortable to walk with my spine erect for very long at all. At almost all times it feels like this bulge off to the left side of my middle-spine is the center/focal point of my entire body.

Can anyone offer me any advice on what to do or how to treat this? I would just really like to be able to not have to NEED to twist my back and crack it constantly and I want to be able to maintain straight posture for longer durations. Again, I wouldn't call it back pain necessarily just extremely frustrating discomfort.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    edited 11/04/2015 - 2:11 AM
    Have you had any testing for spinal issues?
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History