Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Opinions/advice needed please

Hi group I hope I did not post this last night but if I did I am sorry but I need some advice. I have herniated discs, spondylitis, nerve damage because of the discs and this has been going on for almost a year now. After the accident I went to a neurosurgeon's office who had me see the PA there. The PA there gave me some crème that was supposed to help and said I needed a shot in my back to get rid of the pain. At this time he had no MRI, Xray, nothing.. he just said I needed this. I went in and had the shot done and it was right in the middle of my back where the disc is all jacked up and OUCH... after that I hurt more. I also have a huge caving in where the injection was done. I called to let him know I was in worse pain over a week after the procedure and he then told me to get an MRI. I went to get the MRI which pointed out several issues and all he had to say is that I am fine and there's nothing he can do. Still in pain I knew I had to try something else because my regular MD was not going to do pain management for me. I got in and was able to see a neurosurgeon who clearly saw all of my issues. He suggested at first we try an epidural again. This time a bi lateral one before going with surgery. I agreed because this is a well respected surgeon in the area and I have had heard nothing but good thing about him. Well I went to get this done and OUCH it hurt. The guy that did the first injection that I hated did this one and didn't even allow the numbing stuff to work. I figured if I felt better later though it was worth it. NOPE.... it is now over two weeks since and it's worse and worse. On top of that my neuro had to reschedule our follow up from Tuesday of this month to the 21st of January!! They said that was the soonest I could see him. In the meantime they said don't get the other epidural if two do not work (I was scheduled for one on December 1 also). I have contacted the office a few times as to what to do because I am on short term disability and now my employer wants to know what he is going to do (along with myself!!!). As my regular MD requested I went to a pain clinic this week which said they can give me my pain meds in two weeks when I come back as long as I am clean which I know I am.. but the Dr. there said he needs to know what this neurosurgeon wants to do also because he said as he sees it, it's either surgery OR if I want I can try a spinal cord stimulator ... but he doesn't recommend it at my age. I am very frustrated, pained and depressed right now. I know I am not the only patient or the only person with back pain but has any one else had something like this happen and what did you do? What do you suggest I do? I feel my back is getting worse and now my job is on the line and I am freaking out frown emoticon