Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am going to have ifuse on both sides any advice?

pain stinksppain stinks Posts: 3
edited 12/23/2015 - 11:27 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Hello everyone
The Ifuse surgery will start being paid for by Medicare and insurance companies in my state starting in February of 2016 and I plan on getting both my SI joints fused. I will probably have the left one done first and then do the right one after I recover from the left surgery. I was diagnosed with SI joint problems back in early 2013 but the procedure was not covered by my insurance company and I could not afford to self-pay. To complicate matters even more I developed stenosis in my neck and had to have an emergency Laminoplasty and six level fusion of my neck from C-3 to T-1 with ten screws and two long rods due to ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament in my cervical spinal canal on June 13th 2014. So now about a year and a half later I am finally ready to get my SI joints fixed because now my Medicare will pay for the operation and I am in a lot of pain.
Has anyone here had both SI joints done at the same time to keep from facing two recoveries?
Also has anyone here had the ifuse surgery with a spinal instead of general anesthesia? I have bad optic nerves in my eyes and would rather not have anesthesia. The si-bone people tell me that the ifuse surgery can be done with a spinal instead of general anesthesia.

• PamjPPamj Posts: 2
    edited 12/31/2015 - 4:36 AM
    Do not have the surgery! It is debilitating!
    3 yrs post op, horrible pain, can't sit without severe pain, can't hardly walk, excruciating.
    My quality of life is horrible. Was bad for 15 yrs researched and rolled the dice. Very bad choice. Always in huge pain, to feet. Up back and across pelvis, in groin. I want it out. Feel inflamed and infected. Fracture in pelvis 1 yr after implant off fusion. Feel ignored by surgeon, went to my other doc who did MRI and found fusion. Inquired about removal, doc said would be difficult . He's one of founders of procedure. Beware!!!!!

For helpful information please click on link
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -Spine-health Moderator
    Pam in Mpls., Mn