Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Success stories for micro discectomy fixing annular tear?

Hey everyone. I am considering scheduling surgery 4-5 months from now and Im looking specifically for success stories from people who were suffering from an annular tear and chronic low back pain/disability *without* a significant herniation or sciatic pain. I haven't been able to dig up many testimonials of this, yet many docs speak as if it is a fairly common surgery performed. Most examples i can find had a herniation and/or sciatic pain involved which i have also experienced and understand to be completely different type of pain than what i have now. I have read things that seem "too good to be true" like patients feeling back to normal the same day and ive also read such things as it causing disc destabilization and failed back surgery. What are the forums thoughts and experiences? Thank you!
advertisement

Comments

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,952
    Man I read an article about dr in San Diego who operated on a high jump athlete getting ready for Olympics who had tear and had similar procedure and went back to competition. I never saw anything else like that and always thought tear couldn't be fixed.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • Thats the kind of thing i love to hear. Would you happen to have a link?

Anyone else? Even bad experiences maybe?
    I had amazing results with ESI targeting annular tear myself. But I did send you link for info above in your inbox
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.
  • Thanks for the link. Unfortunately ESI was completely ineffective for me, even from two different docs.

No one here has had this type of surgery?
    edited 01/21/2016 - 2:28 AM
    The ESI were done targeting the year specifically?
  • They were injected at the same level as the tear but offset to the side slightly. I was told the steroid spreads out in the body regardless though, is that not correct?
    edited 01/25/2016 - 2:37 AM
    I have heard this but all I can say is they specifically targeted my tear the best they could
advertisement