Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

a scrub nurse newbee

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Depression and Coping
hello all. I have been a scrub nurse for 20 years specializing in spine. I enjoy taking care of my patients and I always felt for them, I never thought I would have problems of my own. I stumbled on this site and I could not look away. I truly feel for everyone here. The last 6 years have been awful between pain in my cervical and thoracic, now a newly diagnosed lumbar. working in surgery is all I know. reading your messages has helped so much. I want to thank you!

• Welcome to spine-health...
  • Thank YOU! Most of us here have had surgery and we need to thank you for taking such good care of us! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble now but at least you know the best docs to go to, right?

Keep posting, I'm certian that you have a wealth of information that could be very useful to many people here.

Take care,

• and welcome to the forum. I agree with Griff , we owe you a BIG THANK YOU!!! You have come to the perfect place for support and understanding...all of the members here are wonderful and amazing. If there is ever anything that I can help you with then please just let me know. I look forward to seeing your posts....take care....Miki
  • Thank You for the warm welcomes!!!! I have worked with some of the best and well known spine surgeons, both ortho and neuro. I think working with me they have a better understanding of post op pain and living with neck and back pain is all about! They used to think that well, they would operate and that's it...they fixed it, seeing me they have re-evaluated their thinking. They have seen me in pain alot.
    I have a much better understanding of what everyone here is going through and it is wonderful and so helpful that there is a place that every one can go and vent.
    God Bless you all!!!
  • :) well how you lifted my spirits coming onto the site and giving us such high praise. i believe many of us, i shall say me, have not had good experiences with most medical personal in the spine field. at most they think they understand and atleast they think unless it shows up as a ruptured disc there is no pain. i deal with the later all the time. i know we all wonder why we have pain and for you the answer is so clear. you have turned the minds of not just a few doctors and nurses. we are all so grateful. i guess you do know what that means for us. i hope your recovery continues on a good note. good luck and take good care of yourself! Jenny :)