Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is my daignosis & likely treat,emt? Please answer someone

mrleemmrlee Posts: 67
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
ok here is Radiology report
There is reversal of the normal cervical lordosis. Aprrox. 1.omm of anterolisthesis of T1 on T2 which appears to be assocaited with prominent facet arthritic changes at this level.

IMPRESSION: 1. Central disc protrusion at C2-3 indents the anterior thecal sac and deforms the anterior aspect of the cervical spinal cord at this level without underlying cord signal abnormalitiy.
2. Central protrusion at T2-3 does mildly indent the anterior thecal sac.
C4-5 demostrates a broad based disc osteophyte complex and unconvertebral spurring. This does partially efface the CSF space within the spinal canal and contributes to bilaterial neuroforaminal narrowing. There is more if I could scan this report and send in. THANKS for whomever can help me.

• Hi,

I think what your treatment plan will be is based on what they have done for you so far. I handle disability claims and look at reports like this every day to every other day. I can tell by looking at the part of the report you provided you are not having any fun right now. I would call your doctors office and ask for their diagnosis over the phone. If I can call a physician's office as a disability analyst and get this info over the phone you definitely can as their patient.

Best of luck to you.
  • As doctors would usually look at symptoms alongside a scan report in order to make a firm diagnosis as people can have disc protrusions and yet have no symptoms. I agree that you should call your docs office and speak to them about this, as I always find it can be dangerous to try and self-diagnose from radiology reports. You can get yourself all worked up over something that may not even be an issue, if you know what I mean!

The treatment plan is something that you and your doctor will decide together once you have a firm diagnosis. Good luck and I hope that you get some answers and relief from your symptoms. Hugs, Spicey
  • that you should ask your doctor, not ppl in here. The ppl in here, although great ppl are not medical professionals or surgeons and cant give you medical opinions, they can only give you uneducated opinions...just keep that in mind.

Best Wishes,
    Christina :)
  • Some of those terms sound familiar - indenting the thecal sack -etc.

Have you had a discogram done? Do you have a Neurosurgeon? What Dr. ordered the MRI (I'm assuming it was an MRI)? How much pain are you in? Like the others have asked, what are your symptoms?

I too suggest that you get an apt. right away, or call the Dr. - Although in my experience the Dr. want's to meet with you to discuss what your symptoms are too, as a lot of the time the same radiology report can impact 2 different people in very different ways. Some people have severe DDD and never feel it while others have minor things that show in MRI's but have severe debilitating pain. We are all different and only you and your Dr. can work together to find a solution and options for you.

Keep us posted - -
  • I am currently under 6 weeks of rehab for TLIF double fustion on L3L4,L5,and S1. While I am on rehab for back lumbar,dr said go ahead and do 6 wk Cevical at the same time to see if any relief. so far, I can't do all of the simple neck exercises because it hurts to bad or causes a migraine. Too many bone spurs and stenosis.

This is why I was hoping some one from this site might be able to give me their general (non-professional) feelings about my symtoms and what the surgeon might advise.

Any general Guess will be fine. I can't do anything until I see him Sept.8th, 2008 THANKS
  • Your problems sound mostly all cervical related to me and he'll probably wanna do a fusion on your neck, going in through the front and fusing C2-C5(two level fusion)
    Geerally if your pain is coming from your cervical spine you would feel pain and/or a numbness and tingling down your arms and into your hands. Your hands may even shake and you may drop things. But Hey, Im not a doctor :)

Best Wishes,
    CHristina :)