Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SC stimulation & multiple sources of pain

I'm 27, suffering from chronic pain in my left arm and in my left knee from an unrelated injury. I've been recommended SCS for my arm pain though I haven't had any consultation yet, and I feel like that's where I'm heading with my knee pain because absolutely nothing else is helping. I want to know if anyone has heard of treating two different sources of pain like these with spinal cord stimulation. If it does come to that, is it possible? Will one device work on both levels? Do you get two spinal cord stimulators? Or, would I have to decide between addressing one or the other? I really hope that's not the case. I don't like the idea of getting relief from one but not the other and still being in miserable pain, which is why I haven't moved forward with the trial for my arm yet.

advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    edited 07/16/2017 - 4:37 AM

My arm pain is related to pinched nerves and then 2 cervical spine surgeries. I have one scs in my left hip with 2 leads going up into my thoracic. I use my scs to help pain from the top of my spine all the way to my knees. 

• I have neuropathy in my feet.and lower back pain from failed back surgery.  My doctor placed one lead high and one low so I could address both feet, back and eventually neck pain. I hope I never have to use the setting for my neck. It is sometimes painful but not much or often.  A doctor I trust said I would eventually have to have neck surgery so I'm trying to be prepared.

+

• advertisement
  • That's good to know. Thank you!