Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Choking feeling in the throat 2 months after the three level ACDF

I had a 3 level ACDF. I hear people can have swallowing difficulty. I feel like some tightness in the middle of the throat. A tightness. I am not trying to eat or drink. Anyone else had that? Is it going to last forever?

My surgery seemed a must. The amount of side effects I had, I am rethinking whether it was worth. Specially I could have gotten a two level as well.

MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.
advertisement

Comments

• How is your swallowing/eating after surgery? My mom 70 yrs old had 3 level and had to have a feeding tube after surgery since she was coughing on her own secretions. She is now 3 months post op and doing better but still get a lot of saliva phelgm in her throat that she spits out. Still on a tube for now but will do a swallow study soon. Do you get the saliva/phelgm stuck in throat issue?

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 920

@Sukhre - Could you give a little more detail of your surgery?  Which levels? Any devices like cages implanted?  Date of surgery?   

• advertisement
  • SukhreSSukhre San Diego, CAPosts: 205

The surgery was done of June of this year.

MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.