Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Microdiscectomy on l4-l5 Advice

hi,

I had lower back surgery three to four months ago.  Went trough the normal "issues" that one goes through after the surgery.  On my third month of seeing the doctor I asked if i could run and do light exercises, he said yes but with precaution.  I took that to heart because I've had lower back pain and sciatica pain for ten years, it started when I was seventeen/eightee- anyways, I babied my back, doing some stretching and running standing straight etc. 

Now, about almost two weeks ago I went to pick up a hamper, it had four towels and my daughters pijamas, the hamper was on a coffee table so i really didn't bend down or anything.  Well when I picked it up I hurt my back, lower back.  Its hard to lay down, sit down and now it's hard to walk at times, the pain reminds me of the one I had after the microdiscectomy I don't feel numbness, however I feel needle pain on the back of my calf, the one you feel if you had sciatica.  I called my doctors office and explained the issues. They did asked if I heard a "pop" sound and I really don't remember if I did or not, so which to that question I replied no.  I have taken Advil, Bayer and another medication that I was given after my surgery, none of them has really helped me.  I have applied ice, ice hot, tiger bomb, I have a back brace, tense unit, my husband has given me massage, I've laid down, rested.... you name it, I've done it.  They said I might of probably tore a muscle...On Monday I'm going to call and make an appointment, I hate it.  Dislike this part because they are just going to give me meds or give me other options instead of just having for me to get an MRI done...

I'm 29, and am to the point of quitting all together. People don't understand how much of a set back, back pain can be/is. How the pain is, how boring/lonely it gets when you are "resting" and doing everything that everyone tells you to do.  

I'm hoping to read some encouragements and or find someone with the (almost) same experience as mine... 
advertisement

Comments