Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain after a Microdiscectomy at L5S1

Hi guys. First time poster. I have got a lot of useful information from these forums and from what I have read, everyone is different even when suffering or recovering from the same issue. 

I had a microdiscectomy 3 weeks ago and for the first 2 weeks it felt like it was coming along ok then I had a day or two where I had pretty bad sciatic pain. I then had another couple of good days and though I was in the clear. Unfortunately the last four days I have had sciatic pain even more serious than before surgery. I have had a follow up MRI but they couldn't really see what is causing the pain to be so serious.

Anyone have any ideas or information they can offer?

Thanks in advance :)

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,372

hi alollb11

welcome to spine-health

if you read other discussions about nerve/sciatic pain after surgery it is common in a lot of cases. sometimes it takes or even months for the nerves to wake up, but, also depending how long or how bad they were compressed. below is a link to a very good article that might help you.

sciatica treatment

while you are waiting on others to reply, please click on the welcome link below for more information.

welcome to spine health

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History