Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

scoliosis surgery foot pain??

Hello all: I wonder if anyone with spinal fusion surgery has suffered from painful and swollen feet (and somewhat legs)? On 7/11 I had a T3-sacrum and the pelvic fixation operation, The pain I felt around the scoliosis curves (basic crunching of spine) is gone and I''m doing PT and trying to learn how to walk a bit straighter, BUT since shortly after surgery, my feet are killing me. It does seem like typical plantar fasciitis which I was diagnosed with two years prior to my spinal surgery. the difference is, both feet really hurt and the pain wraps around the feet and into ankles. I get a bruising on the left ankle that comes and goes. I am in constant contact with physician's assistants but don't see my surgeon again for a month. AT first they say 'sure the swelling could be from the surgery' then they say 'it's not likely it's from the surgery'. What I want to know is whether anyone with this type of surgery has had painful and swollen feet,

And if so, what happened?

Thanks!!!

Noreen

advertisement

Comments

• hi Noreen

yes I have pain in my left foot, in the big toe and in the back section of the arch into the heel, I was told I got foot drop from the surgry and that it is not uncommon. my foot was soooo numb right ater the operation that I could not stand for the bed sheets to even touch it.. I was told to rub and pat and touch that area a lot to help it get over being so sensitive, and that did help but all most 9 months out..its still numb, my doctor feels that it was the cost of my surgery, I also have a lump just under my right knee

my numbness is from center of low back around the left hip and groin down to big toe on left foot, so all of left side, and on the right leg from just above right knee to right angle. some of the numbness has settled down a little some parts are still very intense.

• xrobynx: Is there a way for me to be notified when someone responds to a post? It is now 10/20 and I see your comment was from over a month ago! So do you think that this foot pain (I was diagnosed with Plantar F like 3 years ago) could all be part of the back issues that will possibly heal (no pun intended) over time? I know that my back is still numb but it's only been 3 months so I'm assuming it's normal. I kind of hope that these pains an numbness will slowly get better? I have the numbness in a similar area to you but it does not go down to my toe. Anyway I don't know about you but the foot pain is worse than the back pain often and I hate it because I'm walking every day!!

N

• advertisement