Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Numbness under chin after ACDF C3-C4

Comments

• I am 5 months post op and still have some numbness around my incision but I am hopeful it all goes away cause it is a lot better then it was

• Today my hubby took me out for a “daylight date.” Went to see a show and dinner.  After going out, I feel completely exhausted. Like I ran a half marathon or something. I still feel pain in my neck in the car and some in my shoulders. My physical therapist said it is referred pain from not being able to turn my neck.  I want to try to lay down in the bed, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to get up.  I’m so tired of sleeping in the recliner. I’m sure I look like a sight with my collar and a cpap on at night!

I’m 4 weeks post op. Most of my pain occurs when I sneeze or bend down the wrong way. All of the numbness in my left arm is gone. A little tingling remains in my left shoulder but not like before. My most aggravating problem—frequent unexplained blackouts—seem to have resolved. The surgeon didn’t think the disk herniation could have caused my blackouts, but I haven’t had a blackout since my surgery on August 25th.  I had them for more than a year, haven’t been able to drive and have been restricted to using a wheelchair at work. I’m hoping that this surgery provided the healing I’ve been praying for.

Sorry for the long post. I haven’t been on in a while and I never told my extended story. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

• advertisement
  • SukhreSSukhre San Diego, CAPosts: 205

This has not got much attention. I had this. It gets better over time. Not sure if it completely heats.

MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.
  • I agree with sukhre. I am almost exactly 8 months out of c5-c6 and I do believe mine is getting a little better. What I didn't like was having no idea this was going to happen. When I mentioned this to my surgeon, he made it sound matter-of-fact; like it was normal. Wasn't normal to me. Guess they can't tell you all the possible side effects or nobody would have surgery

advertisement