Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

spinal fusion

hello I had a Herrington  rod placed into my spine back in the 90s and had it removed about 2 years later due to complicated issues I'm now a 44 year old women and I'm losing  feelings on the right side of my body neck arm and legs . I have been approved for a spinal stimulator that will only help the lower part of my spine from my lumbar down . what can I use to help with my upper part of my body neck and arm I have had 2 neck injections  but they did not work my neck is totally fused I can barely turn my head . I feel like I'm all out of options I have tried every thing I'm over pain medications can you please help me 

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Soteria

Welcome to Spine-Health

Please use the link below for more information about and inside Spine-Health

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• wow you have been through a lot, I am sorry to here your in so much pain now, how much of your spine is fussed, my neck has a bi lv fussion and my spine is from t9 to s2, so I understand not being able to move head a lot also the body. I am not a doctor but I would ask him about other option, I don't know if its too late for decompression surgery or not. there is lot of good info here, best I can say is start recharching and know we are here to support you in any way that we can

• advertisement
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,324

hi soteria,

you need to talk with your doctor and find out why you are losing the sensation/feeling.  imaging like an MRI and CTs can show if there's any stenosis (narrowing of the canal the cord is in) or if there's scar tissue or adhesions or something that is pulling on nerves or something.  once you know what is causing it then they can figure out how to help/fix it.  i'm sorry this is happening, and that you are having troubles again, but keep pushing the doctors for finding out what is happening. 

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair.