Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Experience with Screw Loosening or Breaking

Hi!

I was fused from L3-T3 in 2016 (September) and since January this year have been experiencing severe pain in my right hip and lower back. Finally after convincing my surgeon there was something wrong as I couldn't go a day without codeine they found that I had a loose screw! On the 13th of November, they removed the screw and recovery was going well. However now my left hip is starting to play up. I have an appointment with my surgeon and rheumatologist in early January 2018. I don't know whether to alert my surgeon sooner or just to see how it goes? I also have Hypothyroidism so wondering if its arthritis? I'm only 20 and just want this to all go away!

advertisement

Comments

• hi Amyaligned

I had to have a screw removed cuz it was sticking out and driving me crazy..it hurt. if you think any thing is wrong ask your doc to at least do the films to make sure..better safe then sorry. good luck

• Hi Amyaligned (love your name!)

Do you think the left hip hurts simply because you've changed something again in the spine? If your surgery was November and the left hip pain was also November, I would tend to assume you need to wait, do some PT and see if it improves. How are you feeling now?

Noreen

• advertisement