Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fentalal pain patch, are they not prescribed after the age of 65?

advertisement

Comments

• jonisingt35rjjonisingt35r Posts: 165
    edited 12/09/2017 - 3:45 AM

Hello sandy

I currently suffer chronic sciatic pain mostly in my lower back and right leg, and arms all over reqlly, I thing it originates at my lower back or middle back. Had a few MRIs which didn't show anything.

No taking tramadol does not let me perform my daily tasks, really all I can say is it gets me out of a massive hole when I am in terrible terrible  pain.

I try to sit in a chair for as long as possible then when pain gets too much I have to get Intl bed taking tramadol and hope for the best really.

Im not sure but just recently I have been putting my legs under the cover and trying to heat them up a bit as they do feel cold. 

I have also been putting a pillow next to my hip area to head it up.

It's really upsetting as I live with my parents and they really don't understand what I'm going through I just want to live with my family, they want me out of their house, I don't know what to do I cannot fend for myself or look after myself.

I feel very very vulnerable.

My only pleaseure is being with my family.

I really do apprentice anyones help as I really do feel isolated.

• Jon, 

In my experience the worst things you can do is sit too long, or lay down with sciatic pain. The sciatic nerve gets compressed further by too much sitting or laying, because of how the sciatic nerve runs from your low back, through the pelvis/hip area. I have dealt with pretty severe sciatic pain since my 20's, I'm in my mid 50's now. Walking, standing, alternating sitting actually helped ease the pain, along with stretches, regular exercise.

The more resting, sitting  I did, the worse the pain became, then was worsened more because my muscles weakened and my endurance and tolerance to activity lessened.

Sciatica wouldn't cause arm pain, although your arm pain may be aggravated by disuse and inactivity.

Sitting and laying in bed can compromise your circulation as well, and cause the blood flow to become sluggish. You really want to see your doctor, perhaps start some physical therapy, get active, regain both muscle strength and your tolerance to activity.

Sciatica typically flares and eases, and you might find that proper stretching, regular walks, swimming, helps a lot in keeping you STRONG, less isolated, and eases a lot of your symptoms, and at the same time reduces flare ups.

• advertisement
  • Hello sandy I've teyed everything over the years, I'm just trying to get cumftable as I can

I have kneck pain my back doc said the pain came from my kneck to my arms 

I try to sit and be with my family as much as I can then I have to sit in bed and lye down and try to heat up my legs and chest as im finding this does help.