Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Facet nerve block didn't work

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,656
    This is a very old thread, for best support and information I suggest you make a new thread, you can do this by clicking on 'create forum post' on the left column.

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-spine-health-how-get-started

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Well it has been 5 days since I have done the right side cervical facet nerve block and I am still not feeling anything different. The only difference is right side still hurting and now left side that wasn't hurting much and tense is now hurting badly and tight. Don't know what to do. I go see my Dr. on July 7th for follow up. He did state that was our last resort and if it didn't work all that would be left would be acupuncture which of course isn't covered by my health insurance. Has anyone tried acupuncture and has it work for anyone in here???? Thank you so much.
    Nancy sadulski
  • advertisement
  • What is the actual diagnosis that you are trying to treat? Some conditions respond to some treatments better than others.
    Herniations won't improve with accupuncture, nor will stenosis or nerve compression....accupuncture can be beneficial in treating ongoing pain, but when there is actual compromise of the function of the nerve due to compression or impingement, then it is not likely to help.
  • Sandi thanks for the reply. I have diagnosed with so many thing. Spinal stenosis, narrowing of canal in cervical area, myelopathy in upper and lower extremeties, herniated discs, pinched nerves and compressions on spinal cord from herniations, severe weakness in arms/hands and legs to name a few. first they had me do physical therapy and that didn't help it actually made it worse so they released me, then they tried the steroid injections 4 times with no results and no the facet nerve block which didn't work either. I have been living on hydrocodones and muscle relaxers for 5 yrs and 2mths. My liver is taking a toll. Unfortunately the pain killers and muscle relaxers are barely getting me through my day. I am now finding myself sleeping my life away to avoid pains but now my low back is locking up while sleeping and I can't change position from sleeping on my back to turning on my side because the pain is so extreme.
    Nancy sadulski
  • I had medial injections done today, and the l5-s1 nerves hurt severely, I still fell pain in my facet joints, and can barely move, and now there is nausea and vomiting. What do I do? I really don't want to go to the hospital, but it looks like my husband isn't going to give me a choice if I vomit again
    Candi Jones
  • advertisement
  • driechddriech Posts: 1
    edited 08/14/2015 - 5:24 AM
    susieq2u - I had one done yesterday 8/4/15, at C6-7 right side. It's NOT painful. They'll start an IV, ask you a thousand questions (3 times) , and then roll you into surgery. They'll spend a lot of time positioning you EXACTLY like the doctor wants, then POOF, you're in recovery. They give you something to knock you out because the last thing the doctor wants is for you to move. I hope it works for you. Good luck!

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.