Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

New to Pain!

I've had a very stressful Christmas. Visiting son totaled my car.  Spent days using bad posture on my couch and started having back pain.  Used an electrode back massager to help. The next day went to yoga, back went out.  Not horrible so I stayed reclined and used heat.  Yesterday I couldn't get up without help and it got much worse so I used ice.  Then laid on the floor to elevate my legs with a stool for the chair position that I heard would help.  Then husband helped me up and I was in excruciating pain! So took old prescription pain meds to sleep. 

Today I feel the pain but it seems a bit better.  Tried to work at the table with a hard chair and felt the stirrings of pain again.  I have decided to work standing and am moving a lot.  

I will know tomorrow whether to go see a Dr. (its New Years day so no one is open) but can I get advice?  I am elevating one leg at a time.  Now I am taking Ibuprofen.  What else can I do today to help get me through to tomorrow?

advertisement

Comments

• I should add: I am 55 and maybe 10 lbs overweight.  I am now using a cold pack but am considering an icy hot patch.  I used these at the beginning of this pain 3 days ago. 

I should add that I spent like 20 hours over 2 days, using bad posture, searching for a car in great stress so I am attributing that to my pain but don't want to rule out that it was something else. 

• Just tried to sit and couldn't get up without lots of pain.  

I am now trying kneeling on a stool and that feels good, couldn't stand forever. 

Getting really exasperated. Should my husband massage it? He goes to work tomorrow and I will take my son to the airport I guess but cant imagine driving right now.

• advertisement