Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Nuvectra/Algovita: Anyone have any insight on this new product?

I have 9 defective disc 5 in lower back L2 to S1... L4-L5 fusion.      4 in neck-2 fused together.    My pain doctor keeps pushing the brand Nuvectra and says it works with a MRI also. I'm sacred and in pain every day from the time I get up. I saw an earlier post from Jarhead and another person getting one implanted. If someone out their has one can you please let me know anything good or bad. Thanks..

advertisement

Comments

• Hello TVMAN

Welcome to Spine-Health

Please use the link below for mor information about and inside Spine-Health.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• BDUBSBBDUBS New YorkPosts: 38

Hi TV man,IMO I have studied andknow alot about the Algovita and the SCS industry. As you may know, it is the most recent 5th FDA approved device and , by far the smallest company in the field. I don't think most Drs. are even aware of it and certainly haven't tried it. That said, I know numerous Drs. and patient s who love it. The pain coverage seems to be better than anyone with the possible exception of Boston Scientific. There is also a very small power ful battery that is less intrusive than others on the market and a smaller device for changing settings on the go. I'd give it very high marks.

• advertisement
  • I too  have posted asking for any information good or bad about this system. I am due to have the trial on Tuesday. I am pretty scared but hopeful, I always try to keep hopeful and positive that finally one day something will work for me. I live in chronic constant pain  and suffere acute flareups if I do too much,  in the whole of the left court of my body and have done since June 2012.  Where it started acutely for no apparent reason. Since then I have had numerous treatments. From  so so much physio, so so much hydrotherapy, so much acupuncture, dorsal root ganglia nerve block 2012,   No help. Then epidural 2013,  no help.  Botox Injectionn  into piriformis  2013   Some help for a couple of months.   Steroid injections into the Sacroiliac  joint 2014   Some short lived help each time therefore  sacroiliac joint fusion2015,  this helps stabilise my joint and improved my left leg gait  but no improvement on pain. Anaesthetic injections 2015 into piriformis, felt like a new woman for 1 1/2 days. Botox into piriformis 2015, and one of the attempts to get the needle  in the correct place he accidentally jabbed me in the sciatic nerve with instant excruciating pain and I have never recovered since,   He did get the Botox in on the next attempt but it made no difference, gave me No relief in the slightest and I have been worse than ever since that day, Pain intensified on a permanent scale, ability to mobilise severely reduced, impact on life huge!  Piriformis and obturator internus removed And sciatic nerve cleaned.2016 Started to show some time signs of improvement but these are all failed and disappeared after a few months.

I have tried many drugs over the years but I’m not able to tolerate quite a lot of them, naproxen, amitriptyline, Lyrica, gabapentin, duloxitane are some that I can remember.  But I do take modified release tramadol 200 to 300 mg daily, 30 to 40 mg of baclofen (these have helped the most I think) diazepam anything from 2 to  12mg, Lidocaine  pain patches  each night, zopiclone to help sleep, paracetamol and ibuprofens but they don’t touch it really and I also take 5 mg of morphine when pain becomes so acute and bad that I can no longer tolerate it. 

So wish me luck for Tuesday as I am in dire need of some relief.