Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain beyond control

Comments

• KerryD & Cindy - first thank you guys so much for helping me thru this and although it’s still going on it appears we have an answer or should I say somewhat of an answer, doc ordered an MRI and it appears I have a perineural cyst that is wrapped around my spinal nerves, as well as having herniated discs at L3&L4.  He has ordered more imaging to know exactly what he needs to do when he gets in there but it appears to be a really tough surgery.  I will keep you posted when I find out more but you all have been great through this!  

• @bidbeaner99 - whilst not the best news I’m really glad you’ve got some answers and that there is a potential solution. Not a good solution as it’s surgery but fingers crossed a solution nonetheless. 

• advertisement
  • KerryD - yes, yes and yes.  It isn’t ideal, but we have answers and a possible solution, after this next imaging we will know more!  But answers and a plan of attack seem to relieve some stress!  Fingers crossed!  

• So glad you finally have an answer to what is causing this severe pain even though it will take surgery to fix it.  I was so hoping maybe a different med or something but I guess that must sound silly when the surgery could actually fix the problem instead of long term treatment.  I just hate that you have to endure another procedure.  I will be praying that this surgery will make all the difference in the world.  

Please let us know what they say after your imaging is done.  I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Cindy 

• Cindy - thank you for the prayers, I’m hoping to get the imaging done by Monday or Tuesday...surgery isn’t what I wanted but it looks like that may be the answer and no a different medication doesn’t sound silly at all!  I’m still doing research on Tarlov/perineural cyst as there doesn’t seem to be much out there for people with Symtoms. Again your prayers will be greatly appreciated.  

Michael 

• advertisement
  • Michael your posts brought tears to my eyes this morning and I will have to say you are an incredibly strong person much stronger than I. I hope this upcoming procedure will give you the relief you need and put your life back to some sense of normalcy. Wishing you the best.

• martymar- thank you for the kind words, I think we are all very strong people dealing with chronic pain, it has been a very difficult 8 months for sure, I’m truly hoping and praying this procedure also gives me the relief needed also.  

• @bidbeaner99 Any news?? 

• @KerryD- my MRI is set up for This Friday at 2:30pm.  set follow up appt with my surgeon Wednesday a week from today.  Called every place close to me and had nothing open to get the MRI.....can’t catch a break, in other news my CSF migraines are back, showed up Tuesday morning around 2 am been hortizontal since then.  Anywho, he has to fix the spinal fluid leak also!  

How are you doing?  

• @bidbeaner99 - fingers crossed by the time you read this you might have some news.

I’m sorry to hear about the migraines - that’s not good, please take care of yourself.

I am doing ok, I’m in my third week back at work and going quite well but think I might have overdone it the last couple of days. I went to the cinema last night and sat for a couple of hours and then today did an extra hour at work, as a result am very sore tonight and have a sharp pain in the left side of my back - up from the surgery site and some sciatic pain in my hip and tingling in my toes. I’m pretty sure it’s just a warning but a bit of a worry. Anyway, I shall see how I go tomorrow.

Please let me know how you get on - everything crossed :) 

advertisement